This position provides sales support to Sales Department. The Sales Support Specialist manages customers for the sales team in a global market. This person is the first point of contact for new telephone inquiries from customers and prospects. The Sales Support Specialist reports to the Sales Manager, Americas.
This position works in partnership with his or her team to achieve the goals of the Sales department plan that are in line with company values, culture, and philosophies. This person is also expected to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that encourages harmony with customers, management, and peers from across the company.
• Prioritize, qualify, and respond to email or telephone inquiries from customers and prospects. Ask appropriate questions to understand customer needs and concerns and suggest product solutions.
• Triage and distribute appropriate inquiries to Territory Managers
• Provide direct support to Territory Managers working in domestic and international markets.
• Prepare quotes and convert quotes to orders. Review purchase orders to ensure completeness and to identify opportunities to up-sell.
• Provide basic technical support to customers in conjunction with the Technical Support department.
• Work closely with Logistics department to arrange shipping logistics to customers, both domestic and international.
• Provide training to other Sales Specialists as needed
• Represent NRG Systems at industry tradeshows and conferences. Respond to inquiries and identify business development opportunities.
Assist Territory Managers in meetings with established customers.
• Assist Territory Managers and VP Global Sales in developing sales strategies and various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports through market research, sales history analysis, and document preparation. Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends & government regulations.
• Assist Territory Managers in developing technical presentations for customers and prospects.
• Assist Territory Managers in developing responses to international RFPs.
• Follow-up on open quotes and close sale or transfer to Territory Manager.